Okay, so I've been scouring the Ogre Stronghold for what the community there believes is a formidable list for the Ogres, and after reading a TON, I've settled on the Paradigm Shift list.

Wildcard, who is sort of the Stronghold's resident tactical Guru, posted this list in their all-comers thread for an online battle, and it's something I'm looking to emulate:

1 Tyrant
heavy armour
cathayan longsword
brace of handguns
1 luck gnoblar
2 sword gnoblars
beastkiller
wyrdstone necklace
greedy fist

1 Bruiser
2 sword gnoblars
heavy armour
brace of handguns
tenderiser

1 Bruiser
BSB
heavy armour
2 sword gnoblars
sword of might
2 gnoblar thiefstones

3 Bulls
additional hand weapons
bellower
crusher

3 Bulls
additional hand weapons
bellower
crusher

3 Ironguts

20 Gnoblar Fighters

20 Gnoblar Fighters

9 Gnoblar Trappers

3 Yhetees
greyback

3 Yhetees
greyback

3 Maneaters
heavy armour
brace of handguns

The goal of the list largely focusing around getting the Maneater/Tyrant/Bruisers deathstar unit into combat, and tie the 1000pts+ up in combat where shooting cant get them. The list is only 2000 points, but I figure if I get this soonish, I can play around for a little while and see what I want to do with the 250 points I've got left.

In terms of models, the things I need to get ahold of are-
Another Box of Gnoblars
6 Yhetees (which I'm going to make myself... the current models are UGLY)

The Maneaters and Characters I can convert out of Ogres I have from the battalion box and such, so I shouldn't have to buy any of those, just maybe some green stuff for them.

All of a sudden, getting an army done for this tourney is looking so much more possible.

0 comments



Post a Comment