Okay, this is late, I know, but quite a lot of cerebral work DID get done over the weekend.- I've been fiddling around with a list, looking around online to see what kind of tactics the gaming community has been able to agree upon for the new Indy GT list-- And I found an early draft of a list that I've sort of emulated... I've still got about 60 points that I'm not sure what to do with, but this is the VERY early version of the list. Ideally, I'll get the army done sooner than later so I can do some playtesting with the full-size army.

Also, in the way of theme, I've opted to take bits from both the Bighats and 300 Persians-- This sort of allows me to stick to a less 300-fanboy theme, as well as one that better suits an army that's toting a death rocket and an earthshaker cannon around with it.

Chaos Dwarfs-2250pts Take 1.
(complete with modeling commentary!)
High Priest
- Level 4
- Arcane Apparatus
- Black Gem
= 330pts
The High Priest is going to be the general of this mess- and to suit such a title, he's going to be the evilest mother I can manage. He'll be seated on a throne, with a big naked belly, and a ton of piercings (counts-as chaos armor??) to sort of strike a balance between bighat-ness and a Xerxes general. Model-wise, my idea thus far is to have him ride around on a mini-Xerxes throne, that'll be a unit filler for my major CD warrior block-- with one of the front rank sections being designated as his 'position' in the throne. Form over function, by God!

Slavemaster (BSB)
- Scale Mail of Gazrakh
- Sword of might
= 140pts
Going the way of 300 here, the Slavemaster will be one of two things:
A. A fat, more ornamented chaos dwarf (visibly a character) who cracks a whip and such
or B. This guy.



Daemonsmith
- Shield
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 162pts

Daemonsmith
- Shield
-Holocaust Cloak
=157pts
I can't find a picture of them, but if you know what the Persian Sorcerers (the guys throwing the bombs) in the movie looked like, that's basically what I'm going for.. something exotic and strange.

CORE
23 Chaos Dwarf Warriors
***General and BSB here***
- Full Command
- Shields
-Stone Totem
- 1 Eruption Team
= 307pts
Okay, now for this unit, I'm a little torn. If I'm going even partway bighat, my major block should have the hats. But I desperately need to have SOME Immortals in my army... so I'm thinking a combo between having the big hats, and a sort of blood-pact style mask? The unit will be planned with the unit filler Throne thing in mind.

Also, I have no idea what that Eruption gun will look like. Just throwing that out there.



15 Annihilators
= 180pts

15 Annihilators
= 180pts

I've done up a unit of 14 Annihilators already, so I'll take the command out of there, and just try to go for the look I got with them, which overall I'm pretty happy with. My big question is should they have puffier, looser sleeves and such? That would lend the weirder, more exotic appearance (and be true-er to the movie!) but would have the possibility of making them look like pirates.

SPECIAL

5 Bull Centaurs
- Shields
= 95pts

5 Bull Centaurs
- Shields
= 95pts

The Bull Centaurs are a challenge that have been tackled many a time in the Chaos Dwarf community... and one that I don't feel has ever been done QUITE right... I'll have to think on these a while before I do anything.

Death Rocket
- 90pts
The words "death rocket" were what inspired me to play chaos dwarfs YEARS ago (note that I'm just now jumping on that inspiration), so I want it to look good.. but it'll require some tinkering. I think the key here is A)Differentiating it from normal Dwarf-anything (as it'll most likely be based on the dwarf cannon from BFSP) B)Reflecting the fact that it IS a monster capable of going berserk and eating stuff and C)Finding the happy medium between lunatic steampunk technology, and oldschool bighat CD's.

2x Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower
-70pts
There's a great tutorial up on CDO about making these from the grudge pony's cart, probably about an afternoon's work?

RARE

Earthshaker
= 110pts
I've actually got the oldschool Earthshaker cannon, though I don't think that it would fit straight-up into the army. So my task is going to be to accomplish all those mini-goals I set up in the death rocket comment, and meanwhile incorporate the barrel (at least!) from the old gun.

3 Inferno Golems
-Lava Fire
-Face of Hashut
= 275pts
When I first glanced through the Indy GT book, and saw the words 'Inferno Golems' I knew I would make some. The question is how. It'll be the sort of thing that I'll have to show you rather than explain.. but I'm thinking just about the wackiest steampunky idea I can think of. Brace yourselves.

So that's the tentative 1st list that'll get me about where I need to be model-wise! I'll write the Modeling Schedule up on a calendar once it's a sane hour and I can look into how best to do that on the blog. I'll also snap some pictures of my painted annihilators, and see whether or not I want to stick with the old black/red/metals color scheme.

0 comments



Post a Comment