Okay, so as I've got this week off, I've been doing a great deal of thinking about my army (and, honestly, not that much doing), and I've decided to be honest with myself:

Until now, I've been striving to recreate the 5th edition GW Chaos Dwarfs, which are the ones that inspired me to start this whole mess. But over the last few days, looking at previous attempts and test models, I've decided that I'm going to go a different direction-- Not because I can't do it, and certainly not because I don't like the style. The biggest reason is really that I don't think I'm going to be able to recreate the 5th ed CD's in a way that lives up to my vision of the army... so rather than continue down the road to certain disappointment, I'm going to change directions.

Where will I change directions to? After a few days of thinking about it, I think that my favorite option is to go the route of taking Chaos Dwarfs' Persian theme, and blowing it up and exaggerating it a few bagillion times, and going after a sort of 300 feel.


Obviously there'll be some differences between my army and the movie (I can't really have an 8' tall general), but there will be some similarities for sure. From here, I'm going to take apart and strip the annihilators I've already done and redo them. So the quest for Chaos Dwarfs starts anew...

0 comments



Post a Comment