Okay,so I didn't really do a New Years' resolution post or anything like that, so this one about my Chaos Dwarfs will have to suffice:

So, as I was outside brushing snow off of my car and shoveling the driveway, I had some time to think about my chaos dwarf project (I do that a lot, if you haven't guessed)-- Basically, here's what I'm working with:
-I'm doing the army as part of the Iron Fist League's Winter '10 Fantasy Escalation League
-That means I need to have 2250pts of said Chaos Dwarfs for a tourney on March 20th (I think?)
-I just realized that a month is a very short period of time
-I'm at square 1
-I run out of steam on these projects relatively easily.
-I'm relatively new to the gaming aspect of WHFB, so I'm going to get my shit wrecked at that tourney-- So my best option is to go for Best Painted, and just have fun with it. It'll be a good way to sort of get introduced to tournament play and all that good stuff.

The answer to all this, as far as I can see, is that I'm just going to have to go Rocky Balboa on this mother, and crank out some goodlooking, superevilpersiandwarfs, and do it FAST. I'm going to try and get up in and around the 2k range sometime around mid-to-late February, so I'll have a little while to get accustomed to larger games, as well as just play the army some.

I did some Persian Annihilators, But I'm going to reevaluate, and change them up a bit, so no pics QUITE yet. I know, I'm sorry, you can blame the perfectionist in me. I've got a graveyard shift at the firehouse tonight, so work will resume when I get back home tomorrow morning. TOMORROW: I'll throw up my prospective 2250pt list, and pictures of those Annihilator conversions. Promise.

2 comments

  1. Rushputin on January 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM

    I think the key to keeping your steam up is to really focus in on small, achievable goals... and then put them on a schedule. It works on major project management, it should work for painting projects, too. :)

    I'm trying, really hard, to churn through an 1850 40K Chaos Daemons army by mid-March: so, I've broken down things into 8-model batches and monstrous creatures, and then spread those across the period between now and then. So I know that, if I don't have at least 8 Flesh Hounds painted by the time I go to bed Sunday, I'm falling behind.

     
  2. It's Coming This Way! on January 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM

    Holy shit! A comment! The blog feels so much more... legitimate now :P

    But that actually sounds like a good idea! I'm going to scribble down my list, and I'll probably subdivide that into the chunks that should be doable.

    The ultimate evil is that not only do I have to paint the 2250pts, I have to convert everything too. Though, to be fair, I brought that upon myself.

     


Post a Comment